The study plan comprises the course structure and the programme specification. The course is divided into 6 training days.
TestimonialsSee all >
IMI Connectivity Leader - GE HEALTCARE
“We finally have a master of excellence, held by professionals...
Walter Cossu - IMI Connectivity Leader - GE HEALTHCARE
Plant Manager - T.D. Williamson Srl.
“Advance Master's in Lean turned out to be very useful to acquire skills...
Andrea Zinni - Plant Manager - T.D. Williamson Srl.
Engineer Management Administrator - OL3 Solutions S.r.l.
"The Advance School Lean Master created a lot of motivation for participants...
Pasquale Lanci - Engineer Management Administrator - OL3 Solutions S.r.l.
General Manager - Lincoln Electric
"I found the LEAN IIBLC® certification exams valid and serious tools...
Giovanni Tracanella - General Manager - Lincoln Electric
20 February 2020 Basel
3950 CHF +VAT
This Executive Masters Course communicates specific Lean Black Belt knowledge from the International Independent Board for Lean Certification (www.iiblc.org) Book of Knowledge.
The course is structured across six full time sessions concluding with the presentation of the final project.
The course is divided into:
- a) a first theoretical phase to prepare candidates for the theory exam: this phase ends with a simulated exam prior to the IIBLC® BB theory examination.
- b) a second, practical, phase dedicated to the project to obtain the prestigious IIBLC® CGBL, Certified Black Belt in Lean certification. This phase offers an opportunity to all participants to get their projects underway; this is followed by two individual sessions to check project progress, and a final presentation of the project for all participants.
The course objectives are:
- to transfer knowledge of Lean strategy tools and techniques
- to provide the knowledge required to move from a "Current state" to a "Future state" of improvement projects in different production and service environments
- to provide a practical approach to successful Lean implementation by managing the necessary cultural and organisational changes
- to accelerate the learning and acquisition of Project Leader skills by examining and discussing a specific project proposed by the participant, and accompanying the project to implementation
- to prepare candidates for passing the IIBLC® Lean Black Belt (CBBL) exam, which includes both a theoretical and a project element.
Request the IIBLC® Book of Knowledge (BOK) Green Belt, Black Belt and Champion for 36 euros (including VAT and shipping).
Advance also offers In-house training programmes upon request.
READ THE DETAILS ▾
The course includes:
- a classroom training phase
- an individual study phase with remote support from instructors
- a simulation of the classroom exam, with discussion of the results
In addition to learning theoretical concepts, practical exercises will be conducted during the course to allow immediate verification and application of the Lean concepts elaborated in the classroom.
The examination and discussion of the project are conducted with a Senior Lean Manager: this ensures an extremely practical and result-oriented approach for this course.
The course is structured across 6 days of classroom training with certified instructors.
Teaching is in English.
1. Recap Value Stream Mapping
- The 8 Steps
- Mixed Model Value Streams
- Product Families
- Pitch and Scheduling
- Muda in the office
- Inventory types
- Speed/Cost/Quality Interaction
- The 6 steps
- Changing Demand
4. Resource & Development (R&D) innovation
- Product Development Essentials
- What makes the Development process different
- Lean Product development tools and principles
- Rapid Project execution
- Muda in Hospitals
- VSM "families”
- Standardised Work
- Visual management
- Error prevention
- Creating flow
6. Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM)
- Pillars of TPM
- Eliminate losses
- Preventive Maintenance
- Process Quality Management
- Management of new equipment
- Office TPM
- Education and Training
- Safety and Environmental Management
7. Project Management
- Project Charter
- Schedule Development
- Cost Management
- Risk Management
- Progress Reporting
- Project Closing
- Organizational Process Assets
8. Complementary techniques
- Additional Six Sigma Principles and Tools
- Process Mapping
- Theory of Constraints
- Kaizen Events
9. Change and sustainability
- Individual Level
- Group Level
- Organisational Level
10. Project deliveries
Initiation, follow-up and final presentation of the participant's project
Who is the course aimed at
The course targets the following professional figures:
READ THE DETAILS ▾
- Plant Managers
- Representatives and staff in the areas of Production, Supply Chain, Quality, Purchasing and Organisation in the Industrial and Services sectors;
- Future Lean transformation team Leaders with Black Belt competence
- Companies wishing to implement Lean, and to train Project Leaders via a structured and up-to-date course
- Operations Consultants
- Production and Process Engineers
Candidates must be Green Belt IIBLC® certified to take the Black Belt examination.
Pricing and enrolment
Participation fees vary depending on when you subscribe. Don’t miss out on the benefits we offer!
READ THE DETAILS ▾
3950 CHF + VAT.
There are discounts to the fees for enrolments 30 to 60 days before the beginning of the course.
Note:The fee includes registration for the Lean Black Belt examination.
Additional fees on request:Coaching: 1300 CHF + VAT/day
The course requires a minimum of 6 participants to run, in order to allow optimal interaction between participants and instructors.