Technology Certificate - APICS
Contact us to know the price of the course and to subscribe.
The program provides an overview of the newest Supply Chain technologies through case studies from globally recognized organizations. After completing the program, you’ll know how to:
- Streamline and improve operational performance using key technologies
- Bolster reliability and advance processes by proposing new solutions
- Minimize security threats and effectively evaluate the benefits and risks of various supply chain technologies
- Make informed and reliable decisions directly affecting overall supply chain performance
Explore how blockchain and other emerging technologies can support and improve operations within the supply chain industry.
On demand, Advance can also plan Office Hours (duration 1,5 hours, usually every 2 weeks) with a certified instructor who will provide insights, explanations and case studies discussion.
ASCM Supply Chain Technology Course Topics
You’ll learn how blockchain can allow for more transparent Supply Chains, improve product traceability, and enable smart contracts and NFTs within the industry to maintain a digital record of workflows and processes.
Advanced Analytics and Automation
Learn how predictive analytics uses machine learning algorithms and data mining to predict future events and how prescriptive analytics takes it one step further by providing specific recommendations based on available data. Understand how artificial intelligence and robotics can be implemented in Supply Chain to automate routine tasks.
Internet of Things
Learn about the infrastructure of the Internet of things, what it means for Supply Chain, and how digital twins can help companies make data-driven decisions. Explore how connected logistics and smart production can streamline operations, cut costs and shorten delivery times.
Discover the latest governance in cybersecurity, anti-hacking technology and access controls to manage, assess, mitigate and monitor your network.
Demand Planning Technologies
This section will cover the reliability of Supply Chain forecasting technology, the integration of enabling technology, and the role of data and pattern recognition for inventory management and production.
Additive Manufacturing (AM) and 3D Printing
Learn about additive manufacturing and 3D printing in Supply Chain, appropriate use cases and in-house vs. outsourcing considerations.
READ THE DETAILS ▾
What is Blockchain
- Defining Blockchain
- Why is Blockchain important?
- Key Elements of a Blockchain
- How Blockchain Works
- Blockchain Consensus
Types of Blockchain
- Different Types of Blockchain Networks
- Public Blockchain
- Public versus Private Blockchains
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Blockchain
- Benefits of Blockchain
- Smart Contracts
- Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- Threats for Blockchain Security
- Factors to Consider When Implementing Blockchain
- Implementation Steps
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Blockchain
- How Is Blockchain Used in Supply Chain?
- Case Study:An American Multinational Retail Corporation
- Case Study: PharmaLedger
- Case Study: a Global Leader in Logistics
- Case Study: An American Multinational Automobile Manufacturer
- Case Study: a Swiss Multinational Food and Drink Processing Company
ADVANCE ANALYTICS AND AUTOMATION
What Are Advanced Analytics and Automation?
- Advanced Analytics
- End-to-End Analytics Process
Advanced Analytics Methods
- Operations Research and Management Sciences
- Descriptive, Diagnostic, Prescriptive, Predictive and Cognitive Analytics
- The Importance of Data and Data Mining
- The Data Mining Process
- Data Mining Tools— Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
- Data Mining Tools—Relational Databases and SQL
- Data Mining Tools—CRISP-DM
Data Storage and Security
- Data Warehouses
- Cloud Computing
- Data Security
- Types of Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Supervised and Unsupervised Learning
- Natural Language Processing
Selecting and Implementing New Technology
- Steps to Selecting New Technology
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Implementation Best Practices
- Employee Skills
INTERNET OF THINGS
What Is the Internet of Things?
- Defining IoT
- Evolution of IoT
Visibility and the Need for Track and Trace
- Supply Chain Visibility
- What Is Track and Trace
- Barcoding and QR Codes
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Types of RFID
- Not Just “Where Is My Package”—The Importance of IoT
- IoT and Data Regulation
Technology Needed for IoT
- The Cloud
- Data Capture and Translations
- Data Transmission
- Data Access and Actionability
- What Is an IoT Platform?
- Device and Software Management
- Data Synchronization
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Data Streaming
- Event Management
- Accessibility to IoT Data Feeds
- Data Intelligence and Analytics
- Big Data Sets
- Edge Computing
- What Is a Digital Twin?
- More than Just Sensor Data
- IT/OT Convergence
IOT and Business Segment Applications
- Integration of IoT into Business Sections
- Shop Floor and Field Operations Visibility
- Predictive Maintenance
- Remote and Outsourced Operations
Challenges to Implementation
- Financial Impact
- Cybersecurity Data
What Is Cybersecurity?
- Evolution of Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Inside the Organization
- Cybersecurity—Who, What, Why, and How?
- Cybersecurity in Supply Chain and Other Business Relationships
- Why Have Cybersecurity Governance Programs?
- What Should Cybersecurity Governance Programs Look Like?
- Why Do Cybersecurity Governance Programs Fail
Cybersecurity Risk Assessment, Management, and Mitigation
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- System-Related Risk Mitigation
- Non-System-Related Risk Mitigation
Enterprise Cybersecurity Education
- Employee Training
- IT Education and Cybersecurity Training
- Cybersecurity Risk Training across Supply Chain Partners
Network Access Controls and Monitoring Methodologies
- Network Access Control Solutions
- Network Access Control—Employees
- Network Access Control—Suppliers and Business Partners
- Monitoring Methodologies
Redundancy, Firewalls, and Anti-Hacking Technology
- Redundancy and Methods to Achieve It
- Anti-Hacking Technology
DEMAND PLANNING TECHNOLOGIES
The Importance of Demand Planning Technologies in Supply Chain
- What is Demand Planning?
- Demand Planning Technologies
Essential Steps in Forecasting Demand
- Steps in the Forecasting Process
- Determining What to Forecast
- Sources of Data for Forecasting
- A Smartphone Accessory Retail Case Study
Forecasting Methods Used in Supply Chain
- Types of Forecasting Methods
- Judgmental Forecasting Method
- Statistical Forecasting Method
- Combination Forecasting Method
- Choosing the Right Forecasting Method
The Future of Demand Planning
- Elements of Demand Planning
- Why is Demand Planning Important?
- Methods of Demand Planning Using Technology
- Machine Learning (ML) For Better Demand Predictions
- Streamline Forecasting Processes with AI
- Role of IoT in Demand Planning
- Social Media and User-Generated Online Traffic Data
- Time Series Forecasting: Use Cases
- Technology Company Forecasting Problem
- Traditional Planning versus Technology Planning
Reliability of Forecasting
- Sources of Forecasting Errors and How to Reduce Them
- Types of Errors
The Role of Demand Planning in Inventory Control
- How Demand Planning Fits within Inventory Control
- Methods of Inventory Control
- Strategies Used in Production Planning and Scheduling
- Production Environments
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING (3D PRINTING)
What Is Additive Manufacturing?
- What Is Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing/Rapid Prototyping)?
- The Additive Manufacturing Process
- Hybrid Manufacturing
- Benefits of Additive Manufacturing
Implementing Additive Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing—Still an Emerging Technology
- Various Types of Additive Manufacturing
- Materials Used in Additive Manufacturing
Additive Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- Inventory Implications
- Distributed Manufacturing
- Current Uses of Additive Manufacturing
- Vision for Additive Manufacturing in the Future
Challenges of Implementing Additive Manufacturing
- Limitations of 3D Printing Today
- In-house versus Outsourcing
When to Use and When Not to Use 3D Printing
- When Is 3D Printing the Right Choice?
- When Is 3D Printing Not the Right Choice?
- What to Expect in the Future
Who is the course aimed at
READ THE DETAILS ▾
Supply Chain Managers and people in staff willing to improve their knowledge on new technologies
Leaders of other company's functions and people in staff
Plant Managers, Operations Managers and General Managers
- IT Managers and Project Managers
Consultants in the Supply Chain and Procurement area
Pricing and enrolment
READ THE DETAILS ▾
Contact us to know the price of the course: Email: email@example.com
To register, you must send the completed registration form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with the receipt of the bank transfer or a purchase order.
The form can be downloaded from the link: Registration form