The structure of the course and the programme are listed below. For the detailed programme, download the brochure.
Basics of Supply Chain Management - APICS
24 hours - 2 days classroom + 3 sessions Live Webinar of 3 hours
23 April 2024 Basel
29 April 2024 Lausanne
2.970 CHF + VAT
The Basics of Supply Chain Management course is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to gain an understanding of the concepts of Supply Chain Planning and Inventory Management. The course offers a combination of theory and practice covering all major aspects of supply chain management.
Upon completion of the course and completion of the online final exam, participants will receive the prestigious ASCM/APICS Supply Planning Certificate.
The course provides a solid foundation of knowledge useful for those working in the supply chain environment. With a focus on practice, the course includes exercises and case studies that help participants put the concepts they have learned into practice.
The objectives of this course are:
- Transfer basic knowledge to manage the complete flow of materials in the Supply Chain from the Supplier to the Customer
- Introduce and explain in detail the professional terminology of the Planning & Inventory Management Area
If you are interested in a career in the supply chain field or simply want to gain a greater understanding of its underlying principles, the Basics of Supply Chain Management course is perfect for you. Register today to guarantee your place in the next training session.
Upon request, Advance also offers in-house training programs.
READ THE DETAILS ▾
The course consists in 2 days classroom + 3 live webinar sessions of 3 hours each. The intensive format of the webinar requires independent study, between sessions, to make the learning process more effective.
The course and the final exam are in English.
1. What Is Synchronized Planning?
- Manufacturing Planning and Control (MPC) System
- What Is Synchronized Planning?
- Additional Digital Information Technology for Supply Chains
2. Strategic Planning – Business Planning
- Market and Technology Variables in Business Planning
- Synchronized Business Planning Hierarchy
- Other Tools and Techniques to Support Synchronized Business Planning
3. Strategic Planning – Demand Planning and S&OP
- Demand Planning
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
4. Tactical Planning – Master Scheduling/MRP/Capacity Management
- Master Scheduling Overview
- The Master Scheduling Process
- Material Requirements Planning Overview
- The MRP Process
- Capacity Management
- Closed-Loop Planning
5. Operations Execution – Purchasing and Production Activity Control, APS
- Production Activity Control (PAC)
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS)
6. Distribution and Logistics Planning
- The Role of Distribution in Supply Chain Management
- Channel Network Design
- Inventory Planning
- Information Systems
- Inventory Management
Additional Module for in-house courses: Serious Game (1 day)
This application module of acquired knowledge, together with a qualified APICS instructor, is part of Advance School's Train for Per4mance program. The module examines the tactical and strategic choices to be applied in the Supply Chain to improve the P&L of a company.
For more information on the benefits, read the Success Story Advance - Case New Holland: Train for Per4mance
Who is the course aimed at
The course is aimed at the following professional figures:
READ THE DETAILS ▾
- Newly recruited staff to be quickly integrated into the company Planning, Logistics and Production functions.
- Recently appointed Planning, Production and Logistics Managers and staff resources.
- Professionals operating in supply chain management.
- Personnel responsible for other workplace functions that wish to learn or consolidate their management skills in the Supply Chain.
Pricing and enrolment
As shown below, the participation fees vary depending on when you subscribe to the course. Hurry not to miss the advantages offered by the school!
READ THE DETAILS ▾
2'970 CHF + VAT
For registrations received 45 days before the starting date of the course, a discounted fee will be applied.
The fee includes the access to the official APICS learning material (digital) for 12 months, one textbook and the final online exam.
The course requires a minimum of 6 participants for the activation. Seats are limited in order to allow optimal interaction between participants and instructors.